Director of AdministrationCompany: KNKX
Date Posted: October 18, 2017
Director of Administration
KNKX Seeks a Director of Administration.
KNKX is part of a vibrant and beautiful area that is rich in artistic, cultural, sports and outdoor activities. KNKX-FM is an ambassador for jazz and blues, and a vital source of quality, noncommercial news, including NPR and regional coverage. KNKX-FM's signal covers Western Washington reaching 375,000 listeners weekly. In addition, KNKX and its 24-hour jazz stream - Jazz24 reach 350,000 listeners every month online. KNKX is funded by a loyal community of listeners who last year raised over $7 million in 137 days to save the station, and transition it to an independent license.
General Description/Primary Purpose
The Director of Administration oversees the human resources, financial, risk management and administrative functions to ensure that KNKX’s internal processes and infrastructure will support the station’s continued growth, and fulfillment of its mission. The position supervises the Director of Finance, Accounting Assistant, Traffic Manager and an additional office support position in long range planning, and serves on the KNKX Management Team. The Director of Administration reports to the President & General Manager, and will split his/her time between the KNKX Seattle and Tacoma offices.
For more details including the essential duties and responsibilities of the position, please visit the posting at http://liv.jobs/knkx.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A “people manager” who is mature, proactive and organized.
- Must have a commitment to KNKX’s Mission to deliver excellence in jazz, blues and news with stories that inspire, inform and connect our community.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for building and fostering key internal and external relationships, as well as the ability to lead and perform effectively in a team-oriented environment, with demonstrated accomplishments in working collaboratively with peers.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication skills; persuasive writing and speaking ability - including group presentations; and active listening skills.
- Demonstrated success in planning, budgeting, and staff leadership; significant experience developing and communicating HR and Financial strategies and objectives, organizing and managing multiple priorities, and in developing and managing projects and budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to hire, motivate, develop, and lead others, resolve conflicts, and ensure the achievement of results through effective performance management.
- Experience and skill in examining, developing and reengineering internal processes, policies, and procedures.
- Experience negotiating agreements and developing and managing financial resources.
- A successful track record in setting priorities, maintaining attention to detail, and having a keen analytic mindset that supports sound decision-making and effective problem solving.
- Bachelor’s degree required, masters preferred in Human Resources (with PHR/SPHR certification) Accounting, or Business Administration, or equivalent experience to a masters degree.
- At least 10 years of HR and financial management experience, ideally 6+ years of broad senior-level operations management experience at a non-profit organization.
- Knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, employee engagement, and employee development.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources recognition and engagement programs and processes.
- Familiarity with GAAP accounting principles (including non-profit regulations), IRS reporting requirements, human resource best practices, current labor law, grants management and compliance, short-term and long-range financial planning, legal contract review, and business insurance needs.
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and a working knowledge of QuickBooks.
$80,000 - $100,000 depending on previous experience and qualifications.
A generous benefits package includes coverage of 94% medical/vision and 96% dental insurance costs. Benefits also include life and business travel insurance, immediately qualify for 22 vacation days and 15-17 holidays per year, a 9% contribution to the employee retirement plan, Employee Assistance Program and discounted transit.
HOW TO APPLY:
KNKX is being assisted in this search by Livingston Associates. Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates. For consideration, please visit the job posting and apply online at https://livingstonassociates.net/openings.html#KNKX.
For best consideration, apply by November 5, 2017.
KNKX is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran /Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
KNKX is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining an atmosphere of diversity and inclusion.
To learn more about KNKX, visit: http://knkx.org/
Search Assistance by:
Livingston Associates – http://www.livingstonassociates.net/
Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates
No phone calls to KNKX please