Sr. Director of Community EngagementCompany: The Rescue Mission in Tacoma
Date Posted: January 6, 2017
The Rescue Mission in Tacoma is: A Christian faith-based nonprofit organization; Drug/Alcohol free workplace; EOE. Pay DOE. For more information about our organization please visit our web site at www.trm.org.
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Sr. Director of Community Engagement. Please send your application, cover letter, resume and questions to Katie. See employment page on our website for email and application.
The Sr. Director of Community Engagement exercises leadership and management responsibility of all the Mission’s efforts to engage our community in our mission and vision, including: fundraising events, marketing and communications; volunteer programs; relationships with individual donors, businesses, foundations, governments, corporations and churches.
- BA in social service, business, public administration or related field required,
- Minimum of 5 years of direct experience in non-profit fund development, preferably within a rescue mission context.
- Experience in data management and project management
- Proficient computer skills, familiar with a wide range of software programs
- Effective written, verbal and electronic communication skills
- Good math and grammar skills
- Ability to develop and foster positive relationships with foundations, major donors, businesses, local agencies and community partners
- Ability to work as a member of a team, inspiring trust and speaking truth
- Professional certifications: CFRE preferred
Duties and responsibilities
- Establish professional, caring, strengths-based relationships built on truth, respect, encouragement and trust.
- Maintain a high level of integrity in modelling and promoting the Mission’s core values and culture standards.
- Skillfully help to lead, develop, promote and sustain and spiritual climate within The Rescue Mission in keeping with our purpose, calling and culture
- Work as a member of the Senior Team to:
- help establish organizational strategies, policies and priorities
- advise the Executive Director in all matters
- help solve organizational challenges
- proactively assist as necessary in the overall success of the Mission
- promote & ensure effective department collaboration with programs and administration
- Work with the Executive Director to design and implement strategies that will maximize effective partnership between TRM and the regional community, creating many effective channels for churches, businesses, foundations, and community members to engage the work of our organization in learning, giving, partnering and volunteering.
- Lead and coordinate all activities designed to fund, support, supply and TRM’s client programs, including:
- Direct Mission messaging/marketing in all formats
- Donor relations program
- Private and public grants
- Volunteer efforts & initiatives
- Direct cultivation & management of relationships with specific supporters with high giving capacity
- Hire, train, grow, supervise & evaluate a highly effective team of experts and leaders that are equipped, encouraged and empowered in their specific areas of responsibilities
- Cultivate a growing base of supporters and alliances in and around Pierce County
- Oversee all donor records activities including processing daily donations; mailings; donor thank you letters; receipting process.
- Work with Finance Department to report daily donor support and establish revenue goals and forecasts.
- Represent the Mission through public speaking, community meetings, and related activities to promote awareness of, respect for, and involvement in TRM
- Attend staff meetings and required trainings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Office environment with some travel between Mission sites and locations in the community; may be required to be outdoors in inclement weather and work irregular hours in order to properly observe, capture and tell the story of the Mission’s work.
Walk, talk, listen, see, operate a vehicle, lift up to 20 lbs.
Grant Writer(s), Donor Relations Officer(s), Volunteer Manager, Digital Specialist, Communications Specialist, Donor Records Specialist