Director of PhilanthropyCompany: Panorama
Date Posted: January 3, 2017
Panorama, a continuing care retirement community located in Lacey, Washington, is seeking a Director of Philanthropy – an innovative, entrepreneurial and seasoned leader with at least six (6) years of progressive experience in philanthropy programs, four (4) of those in a leadership position with a small team. S/he will be relationship-focused, trustworthy, optimistic, and visibly engaged with a wide variety of stakeholders – most importantly, residents. Ideally, s/he will have previous leadership experience in expanding an organization-wide culture of philanthropy. S/he will be an attentive listener and a goal-oriented, natural leader who is passionate and committed to the full mission and vision of Panorama in order to bring the organization to the next level of philanthropy. The Director will need to be a confident, self-directed professional, able to succeed in a 1-person department working as a sophisticated generalist with strong Major Gift/Planned Giving expertise.
Specific requirements include:
- A strategic orientation to building and growing a philanthropic program, with demonstrated ability to develop and implement creative fund development plans.
- Leadership experience in building fundraising programs and fostering a culture of collaboration and cooperation.
- Significant experience in securing funding from individuals, corporations and foundations with a recent focus on Major and Planned Gifts.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve or exceed goals.
- Career track record that shows stability with an organization and a capacity to develop and nurture relationships that culminate in major gift success.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to serve as a key spokesperson for Panorama philanthropy.
- Knowledge of and expertise in various major and planned gift instruments, and a proven track record of successful marketing of such instruments.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with board members and other volunteers, as well as civic and business leaders, in a collaborative manner.
- Serve as a team player who can accept advice to ensure the fulfillment of Panorama’s mission.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, creative problem solver and strong collaborator.
- Bachelor’s degree required, CFRE preferred.
Panorama offers a competitive salary for this exempt position and a comprehensive benefit package.
Panorama is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. The organization values diversity and believes that a diverse staff with diverse talents allows us to achieve organizational, strategic and community goals.
To apply, candidates should submit their cover letter and resume and complete the online application at https://alfordexecutivesearch.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2713pb9ay5v.
All inquiries will be held in strict confidence. No applications will be accepted via email.
The search is being managed by Laura Weinman, Senior Consultant and Heather A. Eddy, President and CEO of Alford Executive Search, a division of KEES. Questions may be addressed to Laura Weinman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alford Executive Search, a division of KEES, is a retained search firm dedicated to building transformative teams and leaders in the nonprofit and public sectors.
Panorama, a nonprofit organization, is a premier continuing care retirement community (CCRC) for active, independent seniors. Located on a picturesque 140-acre campus in Lacey, Washington, roughly 60 miles southwest of Seattle, 118 miles northwest of Portland, OR, and minutes away from the state capital, Olympia, WA, Panorama is the largest CCRC in the Pacific Northwest and is home to 1,250 residents hailing from 45 states.