Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Pacific Lutheran University
June 19, 2017
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategically guide growth of online fundraising channel through crowdfunding efforts.
- Actively liaise with cross campus partners to recruit and coordinate crowdfunding campaigns.
- Establish standard operating procedures and systems to achieve crowdfunding revenue targets and follow through on stewardship of all crowdfunding donors.
- Conduct routine audits and maintain annual giving website and gift forms for ease of use, improving online giving conversion and bounce rates.
- Design PLU Fund marketing collateral for flagship annual events (giving days, match solicitations, etc.) and face-to-face visits.
- Manage PLU Alumni and Friends social media accounts and leverage platform as tool for engagement.
- Identify and recruit social media volunteers and provide volunteers tools for effective social media engagement.
- Develop and execute strategy for the monthly giving program to increase annual participation and retention. Oversee stewardship communication for monthly donors.
- Develop strategy to assure effective and timely implementation of annual giving stewardship strategies.
- Provide general support of PLU Fund strategies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, implement and manage several projects.
- Comfortable seeking donations from individuals, businesses and organizations.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Creative and goal oriented with the ability to work independently or in collaboration.
- Appreciation for private liberal arts education and the mission of PLU.
- Demonstrated experience with modern technology such as websites, social media, mobile devices, reporting software, databases, etc.
- Available to work flexible hours.
- Bachelor's degree or 4 years of job-related experience.
- Finalist candidates must satisfactorily complete pre-employment background check.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Job-related experience in fundraising, volunteer management, marketing, sales, or any position with a strong emphasis on communication, empathy, and community-building.
- Submit application, cover letter and resume online at: https://employment.plu.edu/postings/4554