Executive DirectorCompany: Listen and Talk
Date Posted: April 6, 2017
Alford Executive Search, a division of KEES, has been exclusively retained by Listen and Talk in its search for a new Executive Director. Listen and Talk seeks new leadership to guide the organization toward the next level of growth, success, and action.
The new Executive Director will lead strategic efforts to engage with volunteers, donors, prospective donors, and the larger community; oversee and ensure implementation of all programs and services; direct Listen and Talk’s fund development function; and further expand the public image of the organization. S/he will be a passionate and cogent communicator, maintaining a strong community as the face of Listen and Talk, and lead with an emphasis on maintaining and growing impactful equitable programming and employment. Familiarity with the types of mission-focused programs and services offered by Listen and Talk is important, as well as familiarity with issues of importance to people who are deaf or hard of hearing.
Listen and Talk is an equal opportunity employer and believes every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Listen and Talk makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, creed, religion, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with Listen and Talk’s philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects of recruiting and employment, including compensation, benefits, advancement, transfers, and reductions in force.
This position offers a competitive salary with robust benefits.
Specific requirements include:
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in leadership and management, with documented ability to manage staff and lead teams.
- Proven ability to build strong external relationships with a variety of partner organizations, public leadership and volunteers and other stakeholders.
- Track record in financial management, stewardship, and developing strategies to successfully increase revenue.
- Proven success in building strong and productive work teams, with a focus on establishing an equitable and inclusive organization while providing mentoring and nurturing staff development.
- Strong analytic and strategic-thinking skills, with demonstrated ability to create, implement and monitor complex plans and translate those plans into goals and concrete strategies.
- Career track record that shows stability with an organization and capacity to develop and nurture relationships culminating in overall success.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree and/or certification is preferred.
- Candidates with credentials and experience in early childhood education, related health fields such as audiology, or other fields related to the mission are preferred.
Candidates must complete the online application at http://alfordexecutivesearch.applicantstack.com/x/openings and thereon submit their cover letter and resume.
All inquiries will be held in strict confidence. No applications will be accepted via email.
This search is being managed by Laura Weinman, Senior Consultant, and Heather A. Eddy, President and CEO of Alford Executive Search. Questions may be addressed to Laura Weinman at email@example.com.
Alford Executive Search, a division of Kistner Eddy Executive Services (KEES), is a retained search firm that builds transformative teams and leaders in the nonprofit and public sectors.
Listen and Talk has grown from its roots in 1996 as a small center to its current position as a recognized leader of a wide range of listening and spoken language services in the Pacific Northwest. In addition to directly serving children and families, Listen and Talk also provides consultations, professional development, practica and internships, and research opportunities.